POWER House(412) 271-0500
7445 Church Street
Pittsburgh, PA - 15218
POWER offers a full range of trauma-sensitive treatment and support services just for women. We believe that empowering women leads to lives worth living, healthy families, and strong communities. Research shows that a woman is most successful with her recovery when the care she receives is holistic, strengths-based, and addresses issues like: trauma; parenting, childcare, and general care-giving; self-esteem; relationships; social stigma; health (including mental and gynecological health); education, training, and employment; and housing.
Our programs and services are created especially to meet the needs of women. Pregnant women
and women with co-occurring disorders are welcome at POWER. We understand the impact of violence
on the lives of women and incorporate trauma services in all of our treatment programs.
Specific services include:
- Screening & assessment
- Individual & group therapy, including expressive arts therapy
- Psychiatric assessment and medication management
- Life skills development classes
- Case management
- Support for 12-Step participation
- Aftercare & discharge planning
- Yoga, tai chi, and mindful meditation